About Jephson Lodge
In March 1921, a committee was formed of Coventry Freemasons comprising Past Masters and Brethren with the aim of forming a new lodge.
Aided by the Worshipful Master and other Brothers of Guy’s Lodge Number 395, they obtained the sanction of Grand Lodge to found the new Jephson Lodge Number 4336. This was named in memory of the late Dr. Henry Jephson, one of the founders of Guy’s Lodge and a benefactor of the town of Leamington Spa where his statue now stands in a special temple situated in the gardens bearing his name.
The Committee arranged with Guy’s Lodge for the new Lodge to use the Masonic Rooms at Leamington Spa. However, the Consecration took place in the Town Hall followed by a dinner in the Council Chamber this by permission of Brother K. R. England, the then Mayor.
The Consecration took place on the 20th September 1921 and attendees included many distinguished Provincial Officers and some forty other visitors.
The first meeting of the new Lodge was on the 27th October 1921. Favourable ballots were taken for twelve joining members and Charles Henry Pratt became the first Lodge Initiate.
The Charity Plate on this occasion amounted to two pounds, nine shillings and six pence (£2 9s 6d).
Today, our meetings are held in the lodge rooms at Alderson House, situated on the High Street in Warwick.
This Grade II listed building, dating back to 1694, has an elegant interior with a galleried staircase, a spacious, oak panelled dining room and an intimate bar.
It also boasts its own secure, private parking for 50 cars.
The Lodge year runs from October of one year to April of the next. During this time, we meet every month excluding December making a total of six regular meetings.
Meetings commence at 6.30 pm excepting the Installation meeting in October which, due to the extended ceremony, starts at 6.00 pm. They all take place on a Monday towards the end of each month and, for the current year, are as follows: